Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer Movie Excitement

When I was little, my favorite TV show was Batman. It was made long before I was born, but it must have been on re-runs, and I loved it. I would rather watch it than any cartoon that was on.
When I was 10 or so, I saw this movie:
You can't really beat dancing boys - especially Jack Kelly. I remember asking my mom to rent it for me every time I had to stay home from school because I was sick. I watched it the other day, and it is still a really good show.

You can imagine my excitement 3 years ago when I found out that my beloved Bruce Wayne was being played by none other than my beloved Christian Bale.
Talk about the best of both worlds. I am so excited for the Dark Knight to come out this month! As anxious as I am for our baby to get here, part of me hopes that he stays put until July 18th so I can make it to the midnight showing of the movie. If it is anywhere near as good as the first one it will be awesome!

Disclaimer: There was an article about Christian Bale in Parade magazine on Sunday. When Jake found out he was married, I was given the go-ahead to continue my girlhood crush. Also, for the record, Jake is way more sexy than anyone in any movie.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Isn't Christian Bale, in a word (or three), drop dead gorgeous?! Landon loves to tease me about my girly crush too.....

Laurel said...

you wanna do something funny? Start reading this post thinking Jake is writing it...by the time you get to the "dancing boys"...yeah, that's good comedy!

David said...

There's also Little Women! This is your cousin David's wife. I have seen several movies on the sole basis of Christian Bale being in them. I would have considered using the name for a child, but considering out last name, that would have been child abuse! Enjoy your summer movies.

Joe said...

I did the same thing as Laurel. Then I remembered to go back to the top and see who was writing this post. I, too, am excited for the new Batman movie. I, too, agree with your assessment of Jake.

Jake said...

I guess I better chime in now and at least confirm that Michelle did, in fact, make that post. As much I as I think Christian Bale is the cat's meow, I would have to draw the line at him being any sort of "girlhood crush" of mine.
(Also... Joe, thanks.)

candice said...

martha,
so you are such a good writer.... i can totally feel for you with the not going back to school after this summer feeling. it's weird. i hope that everything goes well with your delivery and your bathroom is super cute. we will have to try to get together with you sometime when we make it home.

Reid and Christine Family said...

we finally found you in the world of blogs! Love the new bathroom! One 2 weeks left . . . . good luck with everything!

Check us out: cmitchellfamily.blogspot.com