Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our New Bathroom

A few weeks ago Jake and I decided to remodel our bathroom. It was the only room in our house that we hadn't done anything with, and also the only that was still painted white. We only have one full bathroom, and some of the stuff in there had been there since the house was built. This is what the bathroom looked like before:
It wasn't horrible, but it was the only room in our house that showed it's age. Plus, I was tired of the shower curtain that we were given when we got married. Luckily, someone had already put new tile on the floor, so we didn't have to worry about that. The tile in the shower should probably be replaced, but we didn't do that this time. Here are the results of our hard work:
The best part of the new bathroom is the storage that is in the vanity now. We picked this model because the big part on the bottom is a drawer, too. The bathroom is really small, so I was nervous about painting it brown, but I love the results. I am lucky to have a wonderful husband who did most of the work. I tried to be as helpful as I could, but anything that involved bending over or reaching up high wasn't really working for me. Speaking of our little guy, we have his room ready, too:

5 comments:

Joe said...

Congrats on a new bathroom. At least it feels that way, I'm sure. Nice paint job, Jake. It's so nice to get a project out of the way since your lives are about to become one giant project.

Laurel said...

wait a minute...didn't I give you that original shower curtain?!?! (just kidding).

Looks GREAT!!
and LOVE the nursery...I'm getting so excited!

Heather said...

Bathroom looks great, I LOVE the brown...and the little tyke's room is really cute...where did you get the cute pictures?!

brooklin said...

michelle-- it all looks so pretty. i'm so jealous-- i love fixing up house.

Michelle said...

Heather - We got the pictures on art.com. The artist is Yuko Lau. There were a lot of cute ones, so we had a hard time choosing.