So, when we brought Carson home from the hospital yesterday, Michelle and I were sure we had everything covered. His room was ready, the house was clean, his car seat was installed, we had blankets and shirts and pants and bottles and diapers and wet wipes and a baby monitor. We felt like we had everything under control. But we forgot one little detail... the key to the house.
There we sat on our back patio with our two-day-old baby, chatting it up with our neighbors about our great parenting skills while we waited for a locksmith to come open our door. Granted, there was a whole series of events that lead to this little mishap, and it can't really be blamed on anyone, but it put us in quite the precarious situation. I was pacing quite a bit on the verge of swearing, while Michelle protected Carson from the heat in the shade. He obviously had no idea what was going on, but we sure felt like winners. Luckily the locksmith only took about 15 minutes to arrive, and we eventually made it into our nice, cool home.
There were other series of wonderful events yesterday afternoon that I won't go too far into, other than to say that a toilet full of not-softened-stool overflowed its porcelain bounds.
Michelle and I were exhausted by the end of it all, and a well-timed dinner prepared by a wonderful grandma saved the day.
Here are a couple more pictures for good measure. Carson had a little jaundice the day he came home, giving him a lovely yellowish hue on his adorable little face.

This meant he had to sleep/squirm all night on a bed of lights. Meet our Space Baby...

7 comments:
I admit it. I fell in love holding him tonight. he is PERFECTION.
and after seeing the perfect nursery, I for one like hearing about the "forgot the key to our house" story. Now THAT'S perfect.
love you guys. SO happy for you.
Welcome to parenting. Be thankful he is young enough not to rub your nose in it! Like when a seven year old asks repeatedly, why are we going so fast? are we speeding? :) gotta love kids. enjoy this fabulous time.
He's so precious!
We are so happy for you. Beautiful baby and obviously very loved. Congratulations from Missouri.....uncle brent & aunt larrie
aaah how sweet. we had to deal with the billi-bed too. it's no fun having them in there when all you want to do is cuddle! i love the locked-out story-- it's a good one. congrats again!!
Congrats you two!!! How fun that our little babies are only one day apart. And I am so thrilled that I found your blog...let the blog stalking begin. We may have to exchange parenting tips along the way, I think I could use all the help I can get! He is too adorable!!
Dallin had jaundice too! He had to be a light box in only a diaper with goggles on for hours at a time the first couple days after he was born...makes ya feel bad for the little ones!
Post a Comment