Friday, February 29, 2008

Little Boy Moon

This is the cutest baby I have ever seen (but I realize I am a little biased).




As soon as I found out that we were going to have a baby, I was already dying to know if it was going to be a boy or a girl. There are so many things to plan, and not knowing the gender makes it hard to do just about all of them. Today, we found out that we are going to have a little boy! We are very excited! I don't think that either of us really cared what it was, but we both had a hunch that it was going to be a boy. We weren't too surprised when we saw the ultrasound and realized what it was. I was a little worried before the appointment that we wouldn't be able to tell because the baby would be turned wrong or something, but Jake and I both saw what it was before the technician told us it was a boy. It was pretty obvious. That makes me feel good, because I don't want to be surprised with "It's a girl!" on his birthday. Here is my list of things to do now that I know it is a boy:

  • Get used to saying "I can feel him moving" instead of "I can feel it moving." This is going to be nice because it will make me feel like there is a little person inside of me instead of a little fish. That is what it feels like most of the time.
  • Pick a name or two that we love. It is pretty hard thinking of names that sound good with Moon (my favorite is Seymour) and that don't remind me of students that I am not too fond of (Marcus) and that middle school kids won't make fun of (Cecil).
  • Decide how to decorate the bedroom. When we moved into the house two years ago we painted it yellow thinking that it would be good for a boy or a girl. I still think that yellow is a great color for a boy, but everyone else seems to think we need to paint again. I'll have to see what Pottery Barn Kids has to say about that before I make my final decision.
  • Go shopping for clothes and not coming home with too many sweater vests. I think they are so cute, and there are a lot in the store now that it is Easter time. However, I realize that it is not practical to have him wearing one every day, and in July and August it will probably be too hot for it anyway. Today we saw one with a golf cart on it. It was darling. I know Grandpa Wheatley would have been a fan (That's you, Dad!).
  • Cross making a blessing dress off my list. That is the one reason I was hoping for a girl instead of a boy, but I can get over that. Hopefully there is a girl somewhere in our future. I guess we can start a mission fund instead.

5 comments:

Stacie said...

Jake and Michelle,

We are so excited for you! He will be such a blessing to your family. I can't wait to go shopping for him!

David said...

The realistic side of me is screaming how quickly they grow out of those adorable outfits...but the dad in me says, "Who cares!"

Enjoy shopping!

Laurel said...

I can't stand how excited I am about a little Jake jr. And though I'm a MUCH better shopper for girls clothes, I'll do what I can to contribute!

Lindsey from The R House said...

CONGRATS! i can't wait for his safe arrival. he is already so handsome!!

brooklin said...

I'm so glad we finally got in touch. I believe I owe you a late congratulations! This little Moon Man will be a stud and can take Reagan out anytime.