Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Boy v. Girl

On Friday we find out whether that bump in Michelle's belly is a boy or girl. Besides the obvious reasons to look forward to such a revelation, I'm particularly excited about finally doing some shopping. As much as I'd like to have the room fully stocked by now, Michelle wisely won't let us get ahead of ourselves. Apparently there is more to these types of decisions that one might think: pink v. blue; butterflies v. trucks, flowers v. plaid... you get the point.

In any case, I hope the doctor appointment makes it as clear cut as we hope. I know there are no guarantees. What do ya'll think? Boy or girl? Personally, I would be happy with either.

7 comments:

Elaine said...

You'd better believe there's alot more to this than you think. Even when you know boy or girl there are variations of pink or blue. You have no idea what you're in for:-) Can't believe you figured me out so fast. You ARE one smart nephew!

Joe said...

You guys seem like a boy family to me, but there's a rash of girls going around.

Stacie said...

I'm voting for a boyfriend/future husband for Elizabeth so I can be related to Michelle.

David said...

It's going to be a boy! :) I remember when we had our first. After Mark was born, I was on cloud 9 for days. It was an incredible feeling being a dad for the first time. Get ready for some fun!

--Cousin Dave

P.S. Elaine's a loon, isn't she?! :)

David said...

Oh ya....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

--Cousin Dave again

Laurel said...

I'd rather shop for a girl...but a cute little Jake would be fun to put in a dress too!
You better text and let me know!!

Lindsey from The R House said...

oh my gosh! i can't wait. i will be checking compulsively all day tomorrow!