Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Spooktacular Season

First of all, I have to say I think the term "Spooktacular" is way over used. Maybe its just me, but it seemed to be the "it" word this year.

In any case, Michelle and I had fun this year. We ran out of candy for the trick-or-treaters and ended up giving out some old candy we had in a jar. So to the last couple of kids that ended up with last year's candy canes: Sorry. You'll have to come by earlier next year.

With our garden producing enough pumpkins to feed an army, we ended up having a lot of them to carve/decorate. Here is some of our best work. Note the siamese triplet pumpkin. It was one of the first pumkins we saw growing. We were pretty excited when we figured out what to carve on that one.



We'd also like you to meet Jack, the pumpkinman we constructed just before any trick-or-treaters showed up. Who knew a drill and old scarf could create something so friendly?

Michelle insisted that I post this picture too. I went a little crazy with the drill:


2 comments:

Lindsey from The R House said...

LOVE the BOO! pumpkins. you guys are so creative. we didn't even carve our pumpkins this year. there was just too much going on!!

i am way jealous!

Stacie said...

You should have sent your trick-or-treaters our way. We only had 7, and that includes adults! The pumpkins look great!