Friday, May 9, 2008

Jake Got Tagged!

Lucy is on the left. Michelle is on the right.
Knowing this might help avoid any confusion as you continue reading.

8 Things I am Passionate About (in no particular order)

  • Michelle
  • The Office
  • My job
  • The gospel
  • Italy and all things Italian
  • Lucy
  • My yet-to-be-born son
  • My yard (I wish it would show more)
8 Past Book I've Read
  • Hatchet
  • To Kill a Mockingbird
  • Into Thin Air
  • The Book of Mormon
  • The 13 Bears in Summer and Winter
  • Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever
  • How to Be a Great Communicator
  • Rich Dad, Poor Dad
8 Things I Often Say

  • Holy Crap
  • Gotcha (not the "surprise" kind of gotcha, but the "I understand" kind of gotcha)
  • Right (this is what I say when I don't say "gotcha")
  • Apparently
  • Certainly
  • Jerk
  • Idiot (It looks like I need a better vocabulary.)
  • I love you (mostly to Michelle, sometimes to the mirror)
8 Things I Look For In A Friend

  • Humor
  • Respect
  • A great smile
  • Kindness
  • Humor
  • Reliability
  • A shiny coat
  • Good hygiene

(All but one of these describe Michelle...that's convienient. One is more a description of Lucy.)

8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die

  • Travel to Europe (not as a missionary)
  • Travel to Europe (as a missionary with Michelle)
  • Visit all 50 states (except Ohio)
  • Go fly fishing in Alaska
  • Build a fort with my son
  • Own a falcon (It's the only thing Michelle and I disagree about)
  • Have a building named after me
  • Own a cabin
8 Things I Have Learned This Past Year
  • How to grow a garden
  • Work can be fun
  • Pregnant woman can throw up a lot, especially on a plane
  • Lots of salt makes shoveling snow easier
  • Dogs can have bad gas (really bad)
  • The devil invented string trimmers
  • Michelle is an angel (that's more of a constant than a yearly thing)
  • God knows me better than I do
8 People I Want to Do the 8 Things (OK, just 7 people)

No comments: